So, what is new since your last visit? Depends on how long since you last visited.
As of July 2015....
The "Seed" album, which had
sold out as a CD, is available
now as an mp3 download.
BONUS: You can also get the
original CD booklet which has
the lyrics, etc (free).
For information click here.
We have made several additions and changes to the site in July:
1) Under the "ABOUT" drop-down menu you will notice that the Eulogy, delivered by Carla at Michael's funeral has been moved to the
"ARCHIVES" drop-down, at Carla's suggestion. Look for it there. It is a beautiful biography of Michael in all aspects of his short, inspiring life.
2) Under the "ABOUT" drop down menu you will see the text of the speech Carla gave at the launch of "Hearth" at the National Folk Festival,
explaining Michael's journey with the new songs that would eventually become the album "Hearth". It is something of a mini bio, as it also talks
about his attitude to life, and some snippets about his approach to songwriting.
3) Also under "ABOUT" you will see "The Making of Hearth" with an arrow leading to a sub-menu with expressions by the producer of "Hearth"
(Luke Plumb), and each of the four singers who recorded Michael's new songs for the CD, about their personal experiences of the "Hearth"
project...very interesting, and moving. Check them out! There is also a page with the poem Shane wrote for Michael, called "Poet".
4) Under the "EVENTS" drop-down, you will find Reviews of the "Hearth" CD...one from the Weekend Australian, the other, Rhythms Magazine.
5) Also under "EVENTS" you will find info on the launch of "Hearth" at the National Folk Festival at Easter 2015, plus Carla's introductory speech
(which you have already seen under "ABOUT"...we just didn't want you to miss it!)
6) And, again under "EVENTS"...photos of the wonderful concert launching "Hearth" at the National, plus a few photos from the session that
happened the next day..."The Making of Hearth", where Carla and Luke gave lots of detail about the creation and production of "Hearth" as
they were "interviewed" by James Rigby.